Click here for a map of Olympia London indicating the different exhibition halls and its surroundings.
Click here for a map of Olympia London indicating transport connections.
Click here for the colour codes for the unloading and loading zones at Olympia London.
Unloading gates and goods lifts
Click here for a map of Olympia London, indicating the goods lifts (with dimensions and weight limits indicated at bottom left) and unloading gates.
Lifts 16 and 17 – located in Olympia Central
Lifts 35 and 36 – located in Olympia West
Event opening hours
Trade show – Friday 1000 – 1800
Consumer show – Saturday 1100 – 1800, Sunday 1000 – 1700
Setup and Breakdown times, and Goods Lifts for Loading in and out
Exhibiting at Trade show only and not Consumer show
(Central Hall Level 1)
Thursday – 1500 – 2000
Loading in via Lifts 16 and 17
Friday – 1800 – 2000
Loading out via Lift 16 only
Exhibiting at both Trade and Consumer shows
(Central Hall Level 1)
Thursday – 1500 – 2000
Loading in via Lifts 16 or 17
Sunday – 1700 – 2000
Loading out via Lifts 16 only
Exhibiting at Consumer show only
(West Hall Level 1)
Friday – 1400 – 2000
Loading in via Lift 35 or 36
Saturday – 1800 – 1900
Loading out via Lift 35 or 36
Exhibiting at Consumer show only
(Central Hall Level 1)
Friday – 1800 – 2000
Loading in via Lift 17
Saturday 1800 – 1900
Loading out via Lift 16 only
Exhibiting at Consumer show only
(Conference Centre on Level 3)
Friday – 1400 – 2000
Loading in via Lift 17 only
Saturday 1800 – 1900
Loading out via Lift 17 only
* Please note: Exhibitors will only be allowed to start loading out once the exhibition halls are clear of all members of the public. From experience, this usually takes between 15 – 30 minutes.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE that children under the age of 16 are NOT allowed into the venue during setup or breakdown, but they are welcome at the venue during opening hours.
Electricity – hours when power is on
- Olympia Central – from Thursday 1800 – Sunday 1700 (no overnight power available unless this is booked with the electrical contractors)
- Olympia West – from Friday 1700 – Sunday 1700 (no overnight power available unless this is booked with the electrical contractors)
- Olympia London Conference Centre – No electricity available for stalls
Please note: these are estimated times based on the advice of our electrical contractors and hence are not 100% guaranteed.
Unloading and loading times
Each exhibitor should reserve their time slots for BOTH unloading and loading via the Olympia London traffic booking system at the link below (which goes live on September 25th):
Click here for full set of instructions on using the online traffic booking system.
Delivery and Removal of Exhibits
Anyone who wants to unload or load a vehicle on site, either for unloading and loading, or delivery / removal of exhibits, will need to book a time slot for loading in, and a time slot for loading out, using the Olympia booking-in system http://apps.voyagecontrol.com/olympia. This link will be live for bookings for unloading & loading from September 25th onwards.
Further assistance with using this booking system can be found here.
All delivery vehicles should approach the hall via Gate G on Blythe Road, W14 8UX from where they will be directed by Olympia London Traffic Staff to the loading bay (see map here).
If a transport company is delivering for you, please ask them to book their own unloading and loading time slot with Olympia London at http://apps.voyagecontrol.com/olympia, and arrange for a representative to be on your stand to receive them. Please label all packages clearly with your COMPANY NAME, STAND NUMBER and the show at which you are exhibiting (VegfestUK Trade 2017 / VegfestUK London 2017) to be delivered to the address below NO LATER THAN 10:00am on Saturday:
<Stand Contact Name>
<Your Company> and <Stand Number>
<VegfestUK Trade / London 2017>
Exhibition materials for exhibitors at the Consumer show will only be accepted at Olympia London between 08:00 – 20:00 on Friday, and between 08:00 – 10:00 on Saturday.
The organisers can offer limited assistance with accepting deliveries, but please note that the organisers cannot be held responsible for any damage or theft incurred on your pallets while accepting them on exhibitors’ behalf.
Also please remember to instruct your transport company to arrive at the venue equipped with suitable unloading and loading equipment (e.g. forklifts, trolley-jacks, etc.). The organisers cannot provide unloading/loading equipment and cannot be responsible for any failed deliveries and pickups due to a lack of suitable unloading/loading equipment.
Any exhibitor who has items (including graphic panels) either attached to or displayed within the shell scheme should remove them as soon as the breakdown period commences. The organisers and shell scheme contractors will not be held responsible for any damage to articles left either attached to or within the shell scheme area once the breakdown period commences, and extra charges might be incurred from such damage.
Please note that all exhibits must be removed from the venue by Sunday 2200 at the latest. You are reminded that you are responsible for the removal of any pallets used to deliver goods to your stand. A charge will be made to you for the disposal of any pallets which are not removed.
Identification for exhibitors
Identification at the loading gate G
Prior to the event, each exhibitor must reserve their time slots for unloading and loading via the Olympia London traffic booking system at the link below (which goes live on September 25th):
After completing the online process, please print out the confirmation form and bring it to Gate G for identification by gate staff during setup.
Identification in the exhibition halls
For Trade Show on Thursday (setup) and Friday
Please register yourselves using the online submission form here, and use it to print out your own named and barcoded badges. Then bring the printed paper badges to the venue during setup.
On arrival during setup, pick up your badge stock at the registration desk at the entrance to Olympia Central (on G/F), and use it to hold your printed badges and stick the stocked badges to your clothing for identification by visitors and venue staff during the Trade show).
For Consumer Show on Friday (setup), Saturday and Sunday
On arrival during setup, head to the registration desk in the loading bay to pick up your wristbands for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Each exhibitor at the Consumer show is allocated 4 wristbands for each of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Note: If you are not arriving at the venue for setup by car (in which case the Olympia online traffic system does not apply to you), and you need identification for entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request entry passes.
Click on hyperlinks below to go to the relevant sections below – headers listed in alphabetical order
Bad Language & Aggressive Behaviour
Food Hygiene (for food exhibitors only)
Food preparation safety during the event (for food exhibitors only)
Handling and Lifting of Exhibits
Shell scheme specifications
Olympia London is fully accessible with designated parking.
- The consumption of alcohol is not permitted during setup and breakdown.
- Unless agreed with the organisers in advance, the sale of alcohol is not permitted in any circumstances during the show.
Assistance dogs are permitted access to the show. No other pets will be permitted access to the venue by members of the public during the open period.
- VegfestUK London is a friendly event, and we do not tolerate bad language or aggressive behaviour from the public (occasional) or exhibitors (very rare but has happened in the past).
- If you encounter anyone displaying unruly/abusive behaviour, please ask your colleagues or neighbouring exhibitor to alert a member of the event organising team (security, stewards), and we will assist if required.
- Please note that exhibitors are advised to stay calm at all times when dealing with the public, with moderate language in the very unlikely event of a hostile encounter.
- There will be CCTV on site to monitor everyone’s behaviour, and those displaying aggressive behaviour will be swiftly expelled from the venue, and readmittance may be refused.
- In the case of this being from an exhibitor, no refunds may be issued.
- There is a cash point located by the entrance within Olympia Central, and another cash point located by the entrance within Olympia West.
- There is a Nat West cash point located on Olympia way opposite Kensington (Olympia) station.
- There are also several other cash points at:
- The exhibition floor in Olympia Central Level 1 and the Conference Centre are both carpeted.
- The exhibition floor in Olympia West Level 1 is NOT carpeted. Any exhibitor in this hall requiring carpeting should hire this via our contractors Moyne – please refer to the brochure here for information on hiring carpeting, and the booking form here from Moyne.
Ample car parking spaces are available at the Olympia London multi-storey and the adjacent Motorail car park, which is also suitable for larger vehicles up to 7 tonnes.
Vehicles must then be parked in the car park. Parking space is limited so prior online booking is strongly recommended.
Full tariffs, terms and conditions and booking form are here
Car park address:
Alternatively, you can call the venue’s advance booking line on 020 7598 2515 between 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
There are parking bays for those with disabilities available in this car park.
For a selection of affordable parking options near the venue, please visit the Parkopedia website http://en.parkopedia.co.uk
Children under the age of 16 are welcome at the event during opening times, but please note that they will not be allowed access to the venue during setup or breakdown. This is a Health & Safety requirement of the venue and is NOT negotiable. The issue is covered by law under section 4 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
There is a water point in Olympia Central as well as waste disposal points for caterers to use on Level 1 – see floor plan page for exact locations:
Exhibitors are allowed to bring pop-up banners for display. However, please note that no adhesive materials may be used on the fabric of the building.
Exhibitors must book electricity and lighting directly with our contractors Moyne. Any exhibitor wishing to book electricity and lighting should follow the instructions as outlined at the link below:
Please note that:
- Any power bookings made with Moyne after October 2nd will be charged at full price plus 20% surcharge.
- Additional electrics cannot be installed once the show has opened.
Please note: The correct size of power socket must be ordered for the appliances being used. Failure to do this will lead to power disruption to your stand and surrounding stands. If after an investigation into the cause of power disruption it is deemed necessary to upgrade the power supply additional charges will apply. If faulty equipment is deemed to be the cause of power disruption Moyne reserve the right, for fire safety reasons and to minimise disruption to other exhibitors, to terminate power to the stand. Please ensure that the correct power supply is ordered in advance of the show and appliances carry the required PAT Test certificates. For advice please contact email@example.com
All electrical work must comply with the regulations of the National Association of Exhibition Hall Owners and Local Authorities and must be carried out by a qualified, competent person and inspected by the appointed electrical contractor Moyne, prior to energising. Testing charges may apply.
The power supply to all stands should be switched off 60 minutes after the close of the show on each day (exact time cannot be guaranteed), and should be on from 10:00 on Saturday (exact time cannot be guaranteed) and from 09:00 Sunday (exact time cannot be guaranteed), except those stands which have ordered 24 hour power. A temporary supply must be ordered for use during build-up and breakdown, if required. Use of the venue’s electrical sockets is not permitted and cables must not cross gangways. Once power has been energised during build-up, it will be switched off each night, including the pre-open night. If you need power overnight, you will need to order a 24 hour supply from Moyne.
Any exhibitor requiring a temporary mains supply before Saturday or a 24 hour supply throughout the show should contact Sara Binns on 020 8997 8596 or email Sara@moyne.co.uk.
No more than one exhibit may be connected to a 13amp plug and no more than one plug is permitted in each socket. We do allow 1 x 4 way adaptors with a maximum cable length of 2m. Daisy chaining (adapter into adapter) is not permitted.
All loose cable must be ramped. Ramping can be purchased from the electrical contractor Moyne – please note that on shell scheme stands, there is no need for this, but on space only it is the exhibitor’s responsibility to cover cables so this needs to be purchased in advance from Moyne.
All installation and wiring must be carried out by Moyne Exhibitions Ltd.
Exhibitors are asked to switch off all stand equipment before leaving the exhibition hall each evening, unless 24-hour power has been booked in advance.
Under no circumstances are electrical or other cables allowed to run across the floor of an exhibition stand without suitable covering. Any exhibitor who intends to have cables running across the floor of their exhibition stand must arrange for either a platform or appropriate trunking to be fitted to house the cables.
After close of show on Sunday, power will not be switched back on under any circumstances, due to the hazards presented during the breakdown of stands. If you need a supply beyond this time, please arrange this with Moyne the electrical contractor. All electrical installations must comply fully with the eGuide, which can be accessed at www.aeo.org.uk/eguide.
Olympia London strive to maintain a high level of safety during events to protect all staff, organisers, contractors, exhibitors and the many thousands of people that visit the venue.
Olympia’s full stand construction and dressing regulations are contained in the eGuide, which can be downloaded at aeo.org.uk/eguide. The following the key points could save you time and money and avoid changes having to be made to your stand on site, but it is important that you refer to the full regulations. All materials used in the construction of stands, features and displays, including signs and night sheets, must be:
- Of a suitable nature and quality for the purposes and conditions of their intended use
- Properly prepared and fixed, in order adequately to perform the functions for which they are designed
- Non-combustible, inherently non-flammable or durably flameproof, in accordance with BS476-Part 7, Class 1
- Water-based, where applicable (eg, adhesives and paint)
British Standards are the minimum acceptable standards. You may submit samples of materials to us for approval before the event and the venue may test materials on site to ensure compliance.
CASEMENT & MUSLIN (Treated to BS 476 Pt 7)
12-14 Reservoir Road
Middlesex, HA4 7TU
Tel: 01895 631/693
HARDWOOD, SOFTWOOD & PLYWOOD
To be treated with ALBI MAX basecoat and overcoat to achieve ‘Class 1’ Surface Spread of Flame. Also supplies water-based paints.
361-365 Kensington High Street
London, W14 8QY
Tel 020 7602 9099
STRAW, BAMBOO, SYNTHETIC FABRICS, NATURAL FABRICS, TEXTILES, DRIED FLOWERS/ GRASSES/LEAVES/ POLYESTRE PLANTS/FOLIAGE
Brian Joseph Hardware Co.
2 Hereward Road
London SW17 7EY
Tel: 020 8767 2887
CLEAR PLASTICS (Class 1 – Poly- carbonate, eg Lexan, Macralon)
Glazier Plastics PLC
Dudden Hill Lane
London NW10 1BJ
Tel: 020 8438 2100
Fax: 020 8438 2117
For advice, please do not hesitate to contact the venue:
Olympia London Safety Team
Tel: 020 7598 2410/7598 2465
Fax: 020 7598 2500
Exhibitors should order their electrical fittings from the appointed contractor. In the event of an electrical failure, the matter must be reported to the organisers’ office.
- DO NOT tamper with the fuse board. Only qualified electricians may access the fuse box. Ask for help at the service desk.
- DO NOT coil up your cables. Unroll them to ensure they don’t heat up or have them cut to a suitable length.
- DO NOT wrap cable around metal objects. The cable should be clipped to the top edge of the stand as part of your lighting connection.
- DO NOT plug everything in one outlet and DO NOT plug one lead into another. This causes overheating and may blow the fuse. Order enough sockets for your needs. Remember: 1 x 500watt socket = 1 x 4 way extension lead
- DO NOT use multi-way adaptors. These are not suitable for use in commercial premises. Use an extension lead.
- DO NOT allow conductors to become exposed. The inner coloured sheathing is to protect the conductors; the outer sheathing is to protect you.
- DO NOT let cables drop to the floor unprotected. Exposed cables must be in a conduit or mini trunking.
- All electrical equipment intended for use on stands must be PAT tested and labelled accordingly.
- Cables must not run under carpet. If they run across the floor ensure they are covered by conduit or protective ramping (tape is not acceptable). Cable ramping stops trips and prevents damage.
- All lighting must be kept at least 300mm away from fabric ceilings and other combustibles. All light fittings must be secured appropriately and heavy light fittings must have a secondary means of support.
- Ask us and we will help you get it right!Note: Fixings to the structure of the building is not allowed at any time
- There is a first aid point in Olympia Central on hand at all times – see floor plan at the link here:
- In the case of any accidents or emergencies requiring urgent treatment, please visit the Information Desk in Olympia Central Level 1, and the first aid team will be contacted on your behalf. Emergency number is 2666.
Exhibitor serving or sampling food must read this information thoroughly and then fill in the appropriate paperwork and return it to the organisers so that you comply with the venue and Local Authority requirements.
All food exhibitors will be inspected thoroughly by hygiene inspectors, so please ensure that your staff and yourselves are fully trained on safe food handling measures, and adhere to top quality hygiene standards at all times.
Each food exhibitor must also provide adequate hand-washing/hygiene facilities on the stall.
To ensure no undesirable allergic reactions to certain food ingredients from members of the public, we demand that exhibitors clearly label the ingredients in their produce that could cause allergic reactions (e.g. soya, nuts, gluten, etc). Please familiarise yourselves with the new laws on labelling of allergens here. Please note that failure to comply could result in any catering operations involved being shut down on the day.
Also please note that we have a number of request for gluten-free food, please advertise your gluten-free food clearly on your stall if you have gluten-free options.
Serving of alcohol
Unless agreed with the organisers in advance, the serving of alcohol from exhibitors is not permitted in any circumstances.
Please ensure that adequate hygiene is maintained with food handling, e.g the provision of cocktail sticks, avoidance of shared bowls.
Please bring any sneeze screens, tongs, paper towels, and other food handling facilities if necessary.
Please make sure to have suitable facilities for temperature control for your food
Serving of Hot Drinks
These must be in sturdy containers fitted with lids to avoid risk of spillage.
Make sure to bring your own fire extinguishers and fire blankets if you’re doing deep frying. Also all deep fryers must be placed at the back of your stall.
Please only pour water down the sinks at the Water Points. Any waste oils / cooking liquids must be disposed of using the venue’s oil disposal unit (enquire at the show). The same goes for foods – the venue has food waste facilities in place.
The same goes for foods – the venue has food waste facilities in place.
Please use the bins for both recyclable and non-recyclable waste provided at the venue for disposal of solid waste.
Knives and forks need to be recyclable.
Please bring rubbish sacks for efficient waste collection and disposal of non-recyclable solid waste.
Please keep your stands tidy and accessible at all times.
- Please ensure that all cooking takes place at the rear (rather than the front) of stalls.
- Any chopping activity (like chopping up coconuts) must take place to the rear of his stall not to the front / aisle.
- All exhibitors who plan to do cooking during the event must hold appropriate fire extinguishers / blankets.
- Catering stall featuring barbeque grills must isolate grills from public access and specifically risk assess and have methods of extinguishing the BBQ
- Fat fryers must be equipped with thermostatic cut-out controls and flame failure devices to prevent gas escape and build up.
Please note that our stall prices do NOT include tables, tablecloths or chairs. If you require these, please book them separately using the form here:
Once booked, these furniture items will be laid out for you at your stall before your arrival.
An extensive range of furniture is also available to hire from Moyne – please refer to their brochure here.
In order to help us ensure that we comply with the licensing authority and venue regulations, all gangways at the show must be kept clear at all times, including during setup, the open period and breakdown.
Exhibits, furniture and other items belonging to your stand must not encroach beyond the boundary of your stand space. This is to ensure that escape routes are unobstructed in case of emergency evacuation.
Trolleys or forklifts will not be provided on site. If you wish to have pallets delivered and collected, you may wish to use our preferred handlers Agility Fairs and Events. Please contact them directly at mtodd@agilitycom or on 0121 780 2627 office / 07980849570 mobile.
Please refer to the link here for hotel options near the venue:
The venue provides a free Wifi service which is suitable for casual browsing only – it is not a secure connection and hence not suitable for transactions or streaming of large amounts of data.
- Internet is charged per device. If you need internet on more than 1 devices, please book more than 1 connection point using the order form at the link above.
- We do not recommend using 4G networks for secure transactions. Exhibitors who need to run secure transactions on their devices are advised to book internet in advance. If you do not need a support cable, the Wifi option (up to 2MB for 1 device) is recommended. For full range of options offered by the venue, see the order form at the link above.
- Also make sure that your devices are up to date before use at the venue.
During the show tenancy period, any items found will be handed to our security staff who can be contacted through the locked Organisers Office.
Security is provided for the show from 08:00 Thursday until 22:00 Sunday. Please do not arrange for goods to be delivered to the hall before this time. Please assist us by wearing your admittance wristbands at all times after you have picked these up on arrival.
Please take account of the following security advice from the venue:
- Take home any valuable items each night.
- Do not leave your stand unattended at any time during setup, the open period or breakdown. Do not leave the hall until all visitors have gone each evening.
- Do not position valuable items at the front of your stand, where you may not be able to keep an eye on them.
- Ensure you have enough staff, so that the stand is not vulnerable to thieves and do not ask a neighbouring exhibitor to watch over your stand while you go for a break. They may become busy and not be able to keep an eye on your stand.
- Remove all portable or valuable items from the stand on the evening the show closes. Do not leave them until the following day for collection.
- Arrive in time for the show. Ensure your stand is staffed at least 15 minutes before show open time of 11:00 on Saturday and 10:00 on Sunday, but remember that the hall is open from 08:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
- If you are a victim of theft or damage, please report this to the Information Desk or to your nearest security personnel or steward. The organisers, however, cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to exhibitors’ property.
- Please be aware of possible terrorist activities and the fact that we are right in a busy area of London. If you notice anyone behaving suspiciously, tampering with equipment, or any unattended bags or parcels please report this to security or a member of the VegfestUK team immediately.
- Any lost kids should be reported to the Information Desk on Level 1 in Olympia Central.
Rear and Dividing Wall
2.5m high white foamex modular panels (3mm thick). Graphics must be applied using Velcro or low tak tape not staples or high tak tape. Damaged panels will be charged at £30.00 + vat per panel
The fascia will carry your company name panel to each open side in standard lettering. Should you require other shell scheme accessories, please refer to the information on this page here:
ALL shell scheme exhibitors must return the nameboard form here by the required deadline of Monday October 2nd 2017. In the absence of a form, names will be printed from our exhibitors list. Any changes required onsite are charged at £27.00 +vat per board.
Smoking is not permitted by law anywhere within the venue; anyone wishing to smoke should use the smoking pod located outside in G gate yard.
Limited storage space is available to rent in the Central Hall Level 1, at a cost of £95 + vat per square metre (pallet). Stock is secure and guarded but is left at the exhibitors’ own risk.
Limited cold storage space is available at £295 + vat per square metre (pallet) or £195 + vat (shelf space only) in the Central Hall Level 1.
For location of these storage facilities, see floor plan here:
Please get in touch with the office first at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability of space left for both standard storage and cold storage.
Storage must be booked in advance using the form here:
- All products displayed at every stall must be 100% vegan.
- No promotional materials which promote the use of animal products are allowed.
- Please do not wear any non-vegan apparels at the event.
- The organisers reserve the rights to ask exhibitors to remove from their stall or their staff products which contain non-vegan ingredients such as meat, dairy, fish, eggs, honey, beeswax, wool, silk, fur, leather, etc.
- Please note that bee pollen is not considered a vegan product and therefore not suitable for VegfestUK events.
- If you are not 100% sure which products are qualified vegan, please contact the office beforehand.
There will be ample rubbish bins for clearing out rubbish.
The tenancy period of the show for exhibitors ends at 2000 Sunday. Any stand materials not collected by that time will be disposed of. A charge will be enforced to any exhibitors who leave waste behind.